Pirgroup Twitter

Social security numbers are handled a little differently in Romania. Everyone legally resident in Romania needs both a personal identification number (Cod Numeric Personal - CNP) and a social security number. The CNP is issued by the police and is included on resident permits.  The social security number which is relative to employment is issued by the ITM – the department of labor in Romania.
There is a third number it is a health insurance number issued by CASS (Tax office) which allows holders to make use of the social health care system. All European citizens resident in Romania can join the scheme and fees are deducted by the employer monthly. European citizens can also make use of the scheme without joining but by using their European health card EHIC (if they have one). Foreigners can choose not to be included in this scheme but in that case having private medical insurance is necessary.

Professional membership


Voldaan aan de meldingsverplichting conform de Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens (WBP) onder nr. m1158532. © 2014 PIRGROUP